Monday, July 21, 2008

Touch the sky

I came home from work last Friday evening feeling pretty exhausted. No one was in the apartment. Some of the spop heads had gone to Norcal, Eman was doing his thing with spop coordinating, Jeff had left for Vegas for the weekend, and Sunil was probably finishing his own internship Job in Brea. Sigh…with no one to talk to, I prepared myself for a quiet weekend and decided to glue myself onto the couch, watching espn, and a couple old episodes of Entourage. It was now 6:30pm and Sunil walked in. I immediately challenged him to a videogame match. Our conversation is exactly as follows:

Sunil: what you up to this weekend?
Me: Iono, just chill. You?
Sunil: Finish up some school work. Nothin much I guess.

(zone out for a minute as we were playing the videogame)

Me: wanna go to norcal?
Sunil: Sure.

As nonchalantly as it was, the next thing we knew, we embarked on a quite ridiculous trip in San Francisco. And IT WAS SIIIIIIIIICK! From rap battles to Flashmobbing to performing spopapella on stage, this trip was…what’s a word im looking for?...delightful.

This sudden and certainly short trip, showed me that, sometimes, no matter what the unknown is, you just have to say “fuck it” and truly maximize the moment (thanks jeff) that is given to you. I'm not saying go aimlessly into the abyss, without any preparation. Im saying that if there is any glimpse of hope that things will turn out better than your current situation, then GO FOR IT! I admit it isnt that easy, and that I am quite the hypocrite of the previous statement. I am certainly indecisive and often find myself focusing on negative outcomes, almost to a point that I probably missed out on numerous priceless memories. I get sad to think how many times I avoided hanging out with my mom, dad, cousins, friends. Chances are that we would have made fun memories. With that said, im sorry, everyone! Sorry for being selfish and negative! I encourage anybody going through similar regrets to take something small, whether it be an idea, or any sort of passion, and reach for the stars with it! Run with it! Take it beyond its borders! Think of the positive outcomes and run forward with your eyes closed! With the right mindset, one can make any situation one that you can cherish forever. I learned this summer never to underestimate the true potential of the individual. With the right mindset, we can achieve the unachievable!

Put on your favorite pair of shoes and TOUCH THE SKY!

No comments: