Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Congratulations!

This past weekend was definitely one to remember for the rest of my life. Coming off of week of chauffeuring my relatives around from location to location, I’ll admit that before the actual wedding, the thought of me missing spvegas has certainly crossed my mind. I wondered if I was missing out on crazy post spop memories. I almost failed to realize that I was to embark on one of the best most emotional days of my life.

I had been spending a lot of my time with family as of late. With my sister’s wedding, and her moving to New York immediately following the wedding, these dwindling moments seemed almost surreal. One moment I would be saddened by the fact that these were the last times that the 4 of us would be together as a family again. At another moment I would be happy and optimistic that with my sister gone, I would be spending more time at home and with the ones I love the most. The wedding was absolutely perfect! I observed my dad walk my sister down the aisle, as my always emotional mom could not keep herself from crying. Even with his tough exterior, I felt the love in his eyes and almost sadness to give her hand to her new husband. My dad is certainly an approachable dude, but when it comes to sentimental moments, it is hard to get any emotion out of him, something I have unfortunately developed myself. This weekend, however, definitely made me realize a lot of things about life and how clichĂ© moments really hold true to their expectations. “Love brings people together.” I can’t think of another time where I saw all my family, all of my sister’s friends in unison, celebrating love. I want to congratulate my sister for finding her soul mate and a new older brother whom I can go to for advice.

I had a chance to sit down after the reception and really recollect my thoughts. What is it that I want out of life? I know that weddings usually entice emotions and I have been constantly hounded by relatives asking me about my own dating situation which I found quite hilarious. For some reason, the wedding taught me not to feel pressured, but to be patient. I learned that one should never lets little things sway you from the important things in life. I promised myself to be thankful for the things we have been blessed with rather than to complain about the things that I don’t have. If this summer has taught me anything, it is that as long as you keep a positive outlook on life and have positive goals set, things will work out for the best. I have found myself praying a lot more this summer. Thanking God for giving me a life of happiness and abundance. I feel as if a lot of us, and this certainly includes myself, question and re-evaluate life only during times of conflict. This wedding really opened my eyes and showed me how privileged I truly am. There was not one frown at the wedding and everyone was in harmony. I feel like it is just as important to re-evaluate our lives and thank God for blessing our lives, even at the smallest of moments. I have great friends, and a great life. What did I do to deserve this? This question is quickly answered by looking at my family. They embrace me with love every single day, so in today’s blog I just want to say THANK YOU mom, dad, and of course congratulations to Sally and Sam!

2 comments:

my name is hj said...

:) you're post made me cry. i'm glad you got to have such a great experience. congratulations on being a brother in law! where's my excel? hahaha.

!Empower! said...

man...you're a profound genius!